You may remember several months back we enrolled Meredith in phonics at her day care. Things have been going swimmingly and she has mastered all of her letter recognition and sounds and now is moving along to vowels and constants and combining sounds. Every day we get a little sheet of progress from the program with a note from her teacher Ms. Marcia on it. When I picked Meredith up last week she told me that she could read. We went into her room and sure enough she read all of the words on the board. Ms. Marcia had written ‘can’ at the top and below it dan, fan, ran, man, pan etc. Meredith was able to read all of the words written and officially read her first book! Not too shabby for 4. Worked for me!
Frank and I enjoyed a date night out last week and went to the Brad Paisley concert. We had so much fun! We went with friends Brian and Maureen and Brain scored us tickets in the 6th row! I was checking Brad Paisley for ticks!
This is the view from the 6th row
This week Meredith went into work with me. I was in charge of a week long event at work this week, but I only work Wednesdays through Fridays. I had a committee that was working with me and a slew of volunteers, but to be sure things were up and running smoothly I went in on Monday morning and Meredith came along. While we were there she got a package of mini chocolate doughnuts. That night she woke up at 2 a.m. asking for a drink of milk. She still sometimes wakes up, but the request for milk hasn’t been made it quite some time. While Frank was fetching the milk Meredith said in a half whisper to me, “Mommy, the doughnuts at your work are more delicious than the doughnuts from the store. They are more chocolaty.” And she proceeded to fall back to sleep. Well, if I were dreaming of chocolate doughnuts, I’d wake up wanting milk too!
Frank and I enjoyed a date night out last week and went to the Brad Paisley concert. We had so much fun! We went with friends Brian and Maureen and Brain scored us tickets in the 6th row! I was checking Brad Paisley for ticks!
As a side note, I started my Master’s program this week and I am a much bigger nerd this time around. It’s been a time adjustment and that adjustment is still in process, but so far I am really loving the program. With that being said, the already sporadic blog updates may become more so. I'll still try to post something occasionally- but definitely not in APA format.
No comments:
Post a Comment