I have decided that Halloween is way more fun with kids. I have not been a big fan of Halloween. I don’t do scary and I’m really not that fond of people dressed up like other things (insert fear of clowns and dislike of mall Santas here). I do have fond memories of trick-or-treat night as a child spent with my brother, sister and friend Jeanna and last night was equally fun with Meredith getting into trick-or-treat. It really is a nice evening in the neighborhood because most everyone is home and most everyone is out. Meredith is pretty social and she loved that we were outside and everyone else was outside too. We even met some neighbors that we hadn’t met yet.
Meredith was a monkey this year. I figured it was the last year that I really got to pick the outfit and that there would be plenty of time for princesses, so a monkey it was. She was adorable. (As if I would think anything different). My other child, I mean husband, Frank, was a banana! They were such a cute pair and were the hit of the block!
Meredith made the rounds to the houses on the block and got some good loot! She managed to say trick-or-treat a few times and would say or sign thank you. Aunt Erica stopped by to see her too and she was so excited to see her that she yelled to her down the block. I’m sure the 2 Dum Dum Pops and M&M’s consumed helped to contribute to that excitement as well!
We topped off the evening by watching The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown before the monkey crashed off to sleep, dreaming of giant bananas.
1 comment:
That is the most adorable costume! Seeing Frank dressed up as a banana completely made my day, too, by the way.
You have one adorable little girl!
Post a Comment